The ESS retains MDT proven V-block bedding system to form a solid and reliable base for the rifle action.
The magazine well has been refined for easy insertion of the magazine, while reducing rattle and movement.
The tab style magazine release has been replaced with a semi-flush ambidextrous paddle that can easily be activated by a weak or strong hand.
The recoil lug mortise has been designed to accommodate most aftermarket recoil lugs and the trigger area will accommodate most aftermarket triggers.
A serrated barricade stop has been added to the front of the magazine well and a polymer fore-end grip at the balance point adds comfort.
The wide fore-grip area combined with the octagonal profiled for-end tube offers flexible options when shooting over bags or improvised rests.
Thumb shelves have been added to both side of the chassis for shooters who prefer an open grip.
The most significant change is the incorporation of the ESS specific butt-stock interface, rather than the traditional AR pattern interface. This allows MDT to place the pistol grip in optimum relation to the trigger, while still allowing the shooter to choose from the wide variety of AR pattern pistol grips which suit their preference.
The MDT ESS chassis comes with it's own butt-stock, similar to MDT Skeleton Rifle Stock.
It is fully adjustable including lateral adjustment for the butt-pad and the cheek rest. Cheek rest height and butt-pad length-of-pull are adjustable by thumb wheels.
A butt-stock with an integrated folder will be introduced soon as well as an M4 carbine buffer tube adapter by Fall 2017.
Fore-Ends are offered in 3 different lengths, 12", 15" and 18", can be ordered with a full rail, partial rail, or no rail with cut-outs to allow low scope mounting.
Each fore-end comes with M-Lok slots and QD flush cup mounts.
Action specific scope mounting rails which co-index with the fore-end rail are available as an accessory.
MOUNTING AND COMPATIBLE ACCESSORIES
The MDT ESS chassis is designed with it's own butt-stock for perfect ergonomics and is designed to use AR15 style pistol grips (purchased separately), and allows for customization with a wide variety of accessories.
The Fore-End comes in 3 different lengths, and can be ordered with a full rail, partial rail or no rail.
- Weight: Chassis: 0,73kg (1.6lb), Fore-end: 0,27kg (0.6lb) - 0,45kg (1lb), Butt-stock: 0,9kg (2lb).
- Length of Pull: 34cm (13.4") - 36,6cm (14.4") (Based on Remington 700).
- Ambidextrous, easy reach magazine latch – can be operated with trigger finger or left hand.
- Extra large magazine well for easy mag insertion/removal.
- Barricade stop in front of magazine to prevent putting pressure on the magazine.
- Angled front profile with hand grip for minute vertical adjustments and comfort/protection from the elements.
- Thumb rests on both sides of the chassis.
- Wide front profile for extra comfort / stability when resting on flat surfaces.
- Stock height at comb and heel – 12,7mm (0.5”) below bore centerline. 25,4mm (1.0”) of riser adjustability.
- Allows for barrel contours up to 33mm (1.300”) straight taper.
- Accepts AICS pattern magazines for long action.
- Accepts aftermarket lugs up to 9,5mm (0.375) thick and tapered
- Compatible with all non-beavertail AR pattern pistol grips. Beavertail grips will fit with minor trimming.
- CNC machined from Aircraft grade Aluminum, and finished with H-series Cerakote. Cheek-piece, fore-grip, and butt-pad constructed of composites.
WHAT YOU GET AND WHAT YOU’LL NEED
The ESS Chassis System comes complete with a chassis, butt stock, and a fore-end.
All hardware is included. You will need Allen keys to assemble and install on your rifle.
In addition to the ESS, you will need;
- An AR-15 pattern pistol grip. Grips with a beavertail will require minor fitting.
- An AICS pattern magazine appropriate for the rifle chambering.