The LSS-XL chassis system is a variant of highly popular LSS chassis. The LSS chassis was designed for compact use, short barreled rifles. A large amount of customers really liked the LSS chassis, but wanted to use a fixed butt stock, and use it with longer barrel systems.
This prompted us to design the LSS-XL chassis system which has a fore-end extended by 3" and is designed to accept fixed rifle stocks without the need of using any adapters. In addition the length of Pull (LOP) is 1"shorter than the standard LSS, as fixed rifle stocks generally are longer than collapsible.
The chassis is designed with v-shaped bedding, allowing you to drop your rifle right in without the need for additional bedding. The bottom of the action housing has been kept round and close to the action without touching keeping maximum strength. The chassis also free floats barrels up to 1" in diameter at the muzzle end.
The LSS chassis is designed to accept any AR-15 butt-stock and pistol grip (purchased separately), offering the option to customize from the wide variety of accessories available on the market.
The LSS chassis uses external box style magazines in .300WMor .338LM magazines for Long Action rifles, and supports installation of bolt on MIL-STN-1913 accessory mounting rails. Mounting holes are spaced for Magpul style L5 (11 slots) and L3 (7 slots) rails (1.600” / 3.200”) to be used on the bottom of the fore end up to 6.5" in length.
Note: Long action magazines come in 3 different lengths: 3.715", 3.775" an 8.050". This chassis use 3.715 length magazines.
- Increases accuracy by up to 21%
- CNC Machined from 6061 Aluminum
- Cerakote Finish in Black or Flat Dark Earth
- Hole spacing for Magpul L5 (11slot) and L3 (7slot)Rails
- Designed for fixed AR-15 butt stocks, including Skeleton Rifle Stock V3
- Accepts most AR-15 Pistol Grips
- Lightweight, free-floating modular fore-end
- Will accommodate barrels up to 1" diameter.
- Compatible with AICS style magazines 300WM, 30.06, 338LM. (Long Action Magazine length 3.715)
- Weight: 1.8lb - 2.1lb
WHATYOU GET, AND WHAT YOU NEED
The LSS-XL chassis system comes as a 1-piece chassis, with all required mounting hardware included. This includes new action screws, and a screw for the pistol grip.
- To complete this chassis on your rifle, theadditional items you need to purchase are:
- Any AR-15 butt stock
- A buffer tube for your butt stock. (Both milspec and commercial work on this chassis)
- An AR-15 Pistol Grip. Ideally without a beavertail, or use a soft (bendable) beavertail.
- At least one magazine
Using MDT Skeleton Rifle StockV2 - We do not recommend using MDT Skeleton Rifle Stock V2 on the LSS-XL.It will work on MDT LSS using the fixed stock adapter. But on the LSS-XL with a shorter Length of Pull the cheek riser will be in the way of the bolt. (it does work on some actions if the cheek riser is raised).
Tikka T3 - Long Calibers
Only our Metal 3.56 magazine will fit with the chassis for this action and needs to be purchased separately.